Wednesday 1 June 2016

A Butterfly's Lesson

Happy Holidays everyone!!!! In holiday mood but a lot of school-related jobs to be done? Here's something light for you to ponder upon :A Butterfly's Lesson. I have always find it very intriguing every time I read this. I have always been putting my best foot forward to transform my coachees, using a myriad of ways, TRYING REALLY HARD not to be another "burden" for them. I keep motivating them to help the pupils they teach, definitely NOT by just preaching and telling them what to do, but showing them how it can possibly be done. Karen Laba, (2011), in her guidebook Coaching for School Improvement: A Guide for Coaches and Their Supervisors defines a School Improvement Coach as a "highly skilled individual who is charged with providing essential “pressures and supports” to a school improvement team to attain the ultimate goal of raising student achievement." The word "pressure" might not sound friendly to most teachers, I guess but believe me, the "support will always be there. So, here's something for all of you. (grinning from ear to ear).












.

No comments:

Post a Comment